Thursday 1 August 2013

Paris

Paris is awesome. The first night we went to the Eiffel Tower and it was incredibly busy. It really is massive and beautiful. A lot of men were going around selling roses. As we were leaving one bolted towards me handing me a rose. Alana continued to scream "don't take it!!" But the man insisted that someone had bought it for me. Turned out a Parisian guy bought me a rose. Very sweet. But he was probably 15.

As we drove away the tower lit up with millions of fairy lights. This was probably one of my first 'happy moments' in Europe.


The next day we had a full day in Paris and it was a big one! We went back to the tower to climb it. The view of Paris was beautiful. The streets and buildings are laid out in perfect symmetry. We then decided to attempt the metro. You have to be really careful because the doors open and close really fast. Our friend Janelle was the last to hop at the stop and found herself wedged between the tram doors. We all started to freak out and I grabbed her as hard as I could (risking amputation of my right arm). We finally pulled her back in and the tram took off throwing the five of us into each other. Probably the scariest thing to happen but definitely one of the funniest! 

We reached the arc de triumph and wandered down the champ elysee for a bit of shopping. The Tour de France was finishing up so there were a lot of tourists around. We did an incredible amount of walking down this massive strip.

For lunch we headed down a small alley and grabbed a baguette and sat on the curb. I had one with tomato, lettuce and Brie cheese. Yum! We walked further until we reached the Notre Dame. The size of it as well as the detail on the building were incredible.

Tired of walking we decided to take a bike taxi all the way to the love lock bridge. Probably the best idea we made. The love lock bridge was packed with locks. I wrote de Cesare on mine because my wish was made for my family. Before heading back to the hotel we stopped for Nutella crepes. I had one with banana and it was so good!



We went to the moulin rouge that night. The dinner was not too crash hot and the dancing was ok. The costumes were outstanding but I felt myself fading a little towards the end.

We went to O'Sullivan's Pub next door after the show and it was the first time we went out as a group. It was a really fun night and it brought us closer together. We ran into another contiki group who were just finishing up their tour. 

It was a long day and a long night but it was an unforgettable day!

Via Porzia
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment