Tuesday 9 July 2013

25 things.


This tag has been used countless times but nevertheless is still just as fun. Enjoy. 

1. I go by "zia porzia" or "aunty porzy". I have three little nieces, Isabella, Georgia and Siena. My friends call me "porsh" and every time I meet someone new they ask if I was named after the car. I cringe every single time. 
2. In one week exactly I will be traveling overseas for the very first time with my childhood friend. Our italian trip back in year 12 got cancelled. We have been planning this trip since 2008.
3. I recently became a godmother to my youngest niece Siena. I have a godmother but she hasn't been around since I was young. I hope to do a better job.
4. I had a pet dog called Rocky. He was originally my sister's pet. He quickly became king of the house and my best friend. 
5. I used to be terrified of Rocky and other dogs as a kid. I guess I got over it when my sister decided to throw him on my lap. To this day, only really big dogs make me nervous.
6. I have a degree in Psychology with honours. How I will use it, I still don't know.
7. I have been a casual barista for the last 5 years in my family's cafe. They sold the business and tomorrow is my last day ever. I met my best friend Mima here. 
8. I can (not fluently) speak Italian. You can kind of get the gist of things though.
9. My parents were born in Molfetta, Bari and both migrated to Australia many years ago. They speak molfettese dialect. It is a language in itself. I will be visiting Molfetta for the first time next month and meeting some of my family for the first time!
10. I love everything and anything that is Spanish. Barcelona is the place I am most excited for this year. I have pretended to be spanish a couple of times in my lifetime. 
11. My siblings Felice and Vincenza, and I were named after our grandparents. 
12. I was called "Porcelina" as a child. It means "little pig" in Italian.
13. My brother owns an italian inspired coffee bar called Caparezza. I'm very proud of him and my parents too for their hard work everyday.
14. I used to share a room with my sister as a kid. She never used to let me in. I can count on her much more these days.
15. I can't wait to finally get a second ear piercing with my little friend Siena.
16. I used to be really shy as a child. I still can be. 
17. I believe my mum is the greatest woman in the world. 
18. I've learnt if you can't be yourself within a friendship then it is a friendship not worth having. 
19. When I first learnt to drive I hit a small tree. I ended up with a car covered in leaves and a broken head light.
20. My favourite movies are La Bamba and Selena. 
21. I had braces. Best decision made. 
22. My favourite colour is red. I hate pink. I really. hate. pink.
23. I would rather not change my last name.
24. Bon Jovi was hands down the best concert I have ever been to. This december I will be reliving it all over again!
25. Wanderlust. If there is something I think about constantly. It's travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment